Quicktime can't uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

elan_forum

Beta member
I had no sound on my computer, the sound card wasn't installed, but quicktime was installed. I couldn't run quicktime so i uninstalled it. That did do anything so I did the "uninstall everything." That froze my computer. I can't re-install quicktime because there's some still left, but I'm unable to completely uninstall quick. Anyone know what to do? I have a windows 98.

Did you try removing it using Add/Remove programs? If not, try there. If files weren't deleted, it should still show up as installed. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you except that, it's Windows... whaddya expect? :p

"QuickDraw..."

On a more questionable note, why are you posting here if you have Windows 98?
Anyway, I have had QuickTime 6.5 running on Windows 98SE with no sound card, and never had a problem like that? Try installing it one more time. :cool:

to answer all of your questions, yes I did try to un install using the add\remove thing and yeah windows can suck. I want to get rid of quicktime becuase originally it wouldn't work, but now I want to get rid of it because when I want to re-install quicktime, and in order to do so I need to completely remove quick time. And finnaly, when I try to install Quicktime again, I get an error saying that quick is already installed and that I need to remove quicktime before installing again.

Well, congratulations! you get to go 'explore' Windows 98 for your uninstalled files. I don't know of any better way :( But you might ask if a Mod can move this topic to a PC section and maybe get some better help from over there. Mods?

Re: "The Move..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
Maybe g5orbust Can do it. Right g5orbust ?:cool:

I wish I could but Windows, for all intents and purposes, can be extremely retarded at times. If you did a complete uninstall of quicktime, you should be able to reinstall. But thats not the case. Unfortunately this is a foreign operating system using a familiar application and thus my expertise in troubleshooting is limited.

"Da Force Be' with you..."

g5orbust said:
I wish I could but Windows, for all intents and purposes, can be extremely retarded at times. If you did a complete uninstall of quicktime, you should be able to reinstall. But thats not the case. Unfortunately this is a foreign operating system using a familiar application and thus my expertise in troubleshooting is limited.
NO!I meant moove the thread somewhere else. Like "Operating Systems and Software" or something... :) :cool:

Re: "Da Force Be' with you..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
NO!I meant moove the thread somewhere else. Like "Operating Systems and Software" or something... :) :cool:

Oh yeah!

Now moving to another section for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom