Maximus II Formula vs. Rampage Formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.
il agree with thridshift. upgrade your mobo, we shared the exact same maximus formula, as i sold it to him lol, anyway the x38 wasnt that impressive to me, and from what i know the x48 is a higher binned x38. so my recomendation to you would be the p45. i dont think you will ever go cf, and the maximus 2 looks so much nicer then the rampage formula, the rampage formula is a maximus formula1 with rampage stamped on instead of maximus. imo i lean towards the maximus formula 2 the first was a nice mobo.

il agree with thridshift. upgrade your mobo, we shared the exact same maximus formula, as i sold it to him lol, anyway the x38 wasnt that impressive to me, and from what i know the x48 is a higher binned x38. so my recomendation to you would be the p45. i dont think you will ever go cf, and the maximus 2 looks so much nicer then the rampage formula, the rampage formula is a maximus formula1 with rampage stamped on instead of maximus. imo i lean towards the maximus formula 2 the first was a nice mobo.

Not true. I have the rampage formula. ITs a good board and has much better NB cooling than the maximus did. It also has more tweaking options. BTW, i'm selling mine if you are interested :) I used it for like 6 weeks before going back to the green team, then upgrading to i7.

But you could always force flash the bios to rampage like I did. Anywho. I would take x48 just for its memory controller over the p45.

Also I forgot to state I have the rampage formula and I love it. I got the new beta bios from asus, 0802, and it allowed for even more overclocking out of this board. Absolutely the most stable board ive ever owned, easy to use, 100% reliable. Im about to upgrade my moms computer from a old k8 and this is the board im getting again. Not one negative thing about it.

Not true. I have the rampage formula. ITs a good board and has much better NB cooling than the maximus did. It also has more tweaking options. BTW, i'm selling mine if you are interested :) I used it for like 6 weeks before going back to the green team, then upgrading to i7.

the rampage formula and maximus formula are the exact same mobo, same heatsinks and all, not sure which version of the rampage you had but the regular rampage and regular maximus are the EXACT same board.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u38/senor_bob/maximus_and_rampage.jpg

I'm not saying to wait for i7, I'm saying you may not even need it. The q6600 is still a great processor and w/ a simple mobo upgrade you wouldn't need anything for awhile.

The q6600 used to be great, now it's kinda lackluster. I would rather get an E8400, especially if you want to overclock at all. The speeds you can gain from it are ridiculously awesome, especially with a good water cooling setup. And yes, it's dual core instead of quad, but I'd still buy that over a new q6600.

If you can find a good old q6600, then you'd be in business though. The earlier ones were pretty sweet overclockers.

The q6600 used to be great, now it's kinda lackluster. I would rather get an E8400, especially if you want to overclock at all. The speeds you can gain from it are ridiculously awesome, especially with a good water cooling setup. And yes, it's dual core instead of quad, but I'd still buy that over a new q6600.

If you can find a good old q6600, then you'd be in business though. The earlier ones were pretty sweet overclockers.

yea mines over a year its go, and its a beast clocker! 3.8 on air! :D

You'll need a good board and a good chip if you want to hit 4.5ghz daily use. If I were to go dual it would have to be an E8600. I wouldn't trade my quad in for anything less unless it were a proven E8500

the rampage formula and maximus formula are the exact same mobo, same heatsinks and all, not sure which version of the rampage you had but the regular rampage and regular maximus are the EXACT same board.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u38/senor_bob/maximus_and_rampage.jpg

Theres actually a picture out there somewhere when I guy was reviewing the Rampage, where it was literally just a sticker covering the maximus formula so I've seen that to say the least.

However it is hard, I must admit the Maximus II Formula does look a little more appealing than the Rampage. As said once earlier I don't think going either I can lose. It's just a matter of, do I shell out an extra $30 bux for the x48 chip. Or even what the advantage of the Maximus II is, if any at all.

I bought my Q6600 a while ago, was using a tuniq tower... I think it ran 3.6ghz 3 days on a 32bit OS with 4gigs of ram DDR2-6400 Low dense and high dense mix (which I learned the hard way that screwed me) With my P35 gigabyte board I usually seem to have "troubles" OC'ing... I recently switched out to a pair of DDR2-1066 Corsair Dominator and I love them... I must say though it was strange, right when I put them in the Computer was fast fast fast!! Though after I rebooted it's like something happened and it went back down... ah well irrelevant to this thread but if anyone knows anything about that lemme know!

It's understood that I do need the upgrade... but at this rate it's tough, so many good suggestions... and now even talking about swapping out my CPU! lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom