Official Windows XP Support To Be Scaled Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Official Windows XP Support To Be Scaled Back

On April 14, Microsoft plans to shift Windows XP from “mainstream support” to “extended support.” This will change the availability of free fixes and updates for many people so check out the article to get the sordid details.

By Microsoft policy, mainstream support delivers free fixes -- for security patches and other bug fixes -- to everyone. During extended support, all users receive all security updates, but non-security hot fixes are provided only to companies that have signed support contracts with Microsoft.

Drat, looks like I probably will be upgrading to 7 eventually then >_>

I'm ditching XP so fast it'll make your head spin when 7 comes out ;). Running the BETA...love it.

Lol. so does this mean, Xp Users are going to have to upgrade to Vista?? =D because if they ARE, then YES! my bro will have to upgrade both computers to Vista, his worst enemy, lol. I already have Vista on my Laptop, Dell Inspiron 1525!! =D =D Cant Wait!

I really don't need their support as long as I get the updates. SP3 though...Fail.

XP will still remain to be my favorite Windows OS. Vista is just way too much of a resource hog to want me to upgrade. Sure, I have ran it on my laptop but I just can't get into wanting to keep it. Knowing that Vista is somewhat of a pre-release to Windows 7, I know I won't be changing my OS any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom