Comments on this build please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
Have a friend that is asking me for advice on a gaming rig. I didn't really nail down exactly what he should get. I gave him a couple options with cpu's (q6600, i7) as well as gpus (285, 4870). Cost vs performance mainly. He said he has about 1200-1400 to spend, not including monitor.

Here is a link to his wishlist on newegg. I know he has two gpu's in there but don't mind that. You will need to log in to see it.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=10926146

He also had questions about this psu but I know nothing about it.

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S75CF 750W EPS12V SLI NVIDIA SLI Certified (Dual 8800 GTX and below) CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

If you want to add anything please feel free. Thanks for the help.

I dont have a newegg account so i wont comment on the build, however, that PSU is extremely good. PC Power and cooling are top notch, and that one is at a VERY good price. In comparison the corsair 750tx is $20 more expensive, and would normally get recomended here, but even corsair dont make PSUs as good as these guys.

Have a friend that is asking me for advice on a gaming rig. I didn't really nail down exactly what he should get. I gave him a couple options with cpu's (q6600, i7) as well as gpus (285, 4870). Cost vs performance mainly. He said he has about 1200-1400 to spend, not including monitor.

Here is a link to his wishlist on newegg. I know he has two gpu's in there but don't mind that. You will need to log in to see it.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=10926146

He also had questions about this psu but I know nothing about it.

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S75CF 750W EPS12V SLI NVIDIA SLI Certified (Dual 8800 GTX and below) CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

If you want to add anything please feel free. Thanks for the help.

I own that PSU, best PSU I've ever owned.
As for his list, its all messed up.
I see a LGA775 board with a Core i7, and 2 different GPU's.
If you want, I can throw you a pretty good build for 1400$.
Any preferences?

Sorry about that. I was giving him a few options and didn't notice that. For now I think maybe just another mobo recommendation incase he does go the i7 route. He might end up going with the q6600 though so if you can possible recommend a mobo for the i7 and then considered this build as well with the q6600. (Comments or recommendations)

Thanks

Yeah, that is the best price to performance psu I could find, so I have just purchased it myself a few days ago. I wish it wasn't red though. I got the antec 900, and that is a blueish case. I bet that is part of the reason it is a good deal though. I would see that costing at least $10 more if it was a good color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom