system error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottMH

Solid State Member
i recently upgraded my computer, new motherboard, quad core processer, two new 1`tb hd and a better video card. i reused my 4 gigs of ram. now when i go to start, the windows vista 32 bit loading screen comes up but then the computer restarts itself automatically, i put the windows vista disc in and tried a repair, now i get an blue error screen that reads
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0xD8576F2E, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x888BA8D7)

i ran the memory diagnostic and it said i had a hardware malfunction

is ti because i am running too much ram? i first tried with the full 4 then i pulled a stick so i am down to 3 but it still does it? should i pull another and go down to 2? its worth noting that i have a copy of vista ultimate 64bit coming in the mail and i intended on formatting everything and doing a clean install, i just wanted to check the function of the computer.

Run MemTest86+ with all four sticks in. Run it for at least 4 hours. If it says it fails then it's your RAM and nothing more.

MemTest86+

Download that. Burn the ISO to a CD. Don't actually burn the ISO, the files are inside the ISO so you need a program like Nero or PowerISO to burn it.

Then put the CD into your drive and restart your computer. The CD should boot and start running then if you have your CD drive set to load first.

ok so this will narrow it down to see if its a RAM problem, and if so whats the verdict? new RAM? I have been trying to do some research and it seems that vista 32 bit doesnt like 4 gb ram and sometimes wont start with 3gb of ram...its all very weird because iw as running 4gb fin until i did all my upgrades

Then it's driver wiping and reinstalling.

i did install all this new hardware on my machine, could it not be conflicting drivers? also, i ordered myself some new ram because the ram i have now is 4x1gb 800mhz and i can run 1066 with my new mobo. so i bought 4x2gb 1066mhz. when get ultimate 64 bit and do a clean install how many sticks should i have in?

Chances are there is a bad stick of ram that windows is actualy using, run memtest on each individual stick for a bit, atleast 3 passes, till you do all the sticks, if they pass then it could be a bad install or drivers. Also, that error in Vista 64bit can be two things, bad ram or not having a patch that enables use above 3gb...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom