chkdsk running over and over! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Known Good Configuration runs it as well? Then i would say time for a repair install. Cause if you cant get to a desktop then you wont get anywhere.

Unless you try using the Recovery Console and see if that works like I said back in post 16.

Last Known Good Configuration runs it as well? Then i would say time for a repair install. Cause if you cant get to a desktop then you wont get anywhere.

Unless you try using the Recovery Console and see if that works like I said back in post 16.

Last Known runs it too :(
and i tried doing a repair install... got all the way through it... and it still runs checkdisk...

i dont know how to use recovery console really either... :/ - RK

I don't want to **** on mak's chips but this sounds to me like the hard drive is on it's last legs, I have seen this happen twice when a hard drive was on it's way out. Can you run PC check 6 that is on Heirens boot disk and run a non destructive read / write test test on the drive?

I don't want to **** on mak's chips but this sounds to me like the hard drive is on it's last legs, I have seen this happen twice when a hard drive was on it's way out. Can you run PC check 6 that is on Heirens boot disk and run a non destructive read / write test test on the drive?

its an older laptop... i wouldnt be surprised... but i gotta figure out how to fix it!
how screwed am i gonna be to explain to my girlfriend "well, i know it didnt work very good before... but now it doesnt work atall!" oi :'
and i have NO idea what that last question was... ima google some of the stuff you said and mebbe ill figure it out XD - RK

Ah ok if it's a older laptop it should be IDE hard drive you can pick them up prity cheaply.
An sorry for the confusion on my last post it's nearly $am and I haven't slept in 30 hours. On the Hiren's BootCD 9.7 - www.hiren.info there is a tool called PC check (version 6) and in the hard drive diagnostics menu you can run a NON DESTRUCTIVE read and write test, essentially it will attempt to read and write data to the drive without over writing existing data so you wont lose anything. But if you did the destructive test you will essentially format the drive and you will loose all data.

Is there Data on the drive that she needs saving?

Ah ok if it's a older laptop it should be IDE hard drive you can pick them up prity cheaply.
An sorry for the confusion on my last post it's nearly $am and I haven't slept in 30 hours. On the Hiren's BootCD 9.7 - www.hiren.info there is a tool called PC check (version 6) and in the hard drive diagnostics menu you can run a NON DESTRUCTIVE read and write test, essentially it will attempt to read and write data to the drive without over writing existing data so you wont lose anything. But if you did the destructive test you will essentially format the drive and you will loose all data.

Is there Data on the drive that she needs saving?

thanks for clarifying... its downloading now :]

and not anything that she NEEDS... but theres stuff shed prefer to save... else i just wouldve formatted it myself long ago...
i just wanna figure out how to get rid of chkdsk! AH! :' - RK

Well if we can rule out the hard drive as the cause of the problem I will pass you back to the capable hands of Mak, but I would bet dollars to doughnuts that this is a hardware issue.

Well if we can rule out the hard drive as the cause of the problem I will pass you back to the capable hands of Mak, but I would bet dollars to doughnuts that this is a hardware issue.

Saxon! i have Hiren's disk in, but... i cant find the test you mentioned in the menu... whats it called and whats it under again? i dont wanna pick the wrong one :/ - RK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom