Not open for further replies.

DaShizNit609

In Runtime
Heres my system

Amd XP 3000+ (333 fsb)
Asus A7N8X-E DELUXE mobo
1024 pc3200 corsair value select.
2x 80 gig standard 7200 rpm hd's
ATI 9600 Pro video card (soon to be a 6800 gt)
a raidmax case that has 2 side out take fans (which i could upgrade)
a 520 watt power supply with a outtake fan
and my cpu has normal cooling

so basically all i want to know is what could i do with it. i want to overclock it in some way to achieve better performance. i'm new to overclocking in general (minus video cards) so i dont really know what i can do with my chip/mobo. i have some money so i could maybe upgrade some cooling if need be but once again i dont know what would be worth upgrading.. (the quieter the better)

any help is appreciated

Dank

check out the overclocking category on tech forums and look at the top of the page for a link to a thread that teaches u how to overclock.

yah yah i already read everything i had to offer. im just wondering that if i have about 48-50 degrees celcius right now will i need to upgrade cooling at all if i feel like overclocking a little?

Yeah I'd probably suggest better cooling cause it could easily go up 10 degrees while overclocking. Since you are at 333FSB I'd advise on just raising the FSB in your BIOS from 166 to 200 slowly an incrementally. You might not have to even raise your vcore for that. Keep in mind though when you start overclocking your CPU everything else gets overclocked too and you'll need to lock your AGP and PCI busses to AGP: 66MHz and PCI: 33MHz

Conclusion: To be safe yes I'd invest in a tad better cooling. If you don't have AS5 even something as small as that can offer 2, 3, maybe even 5, if you're really lucky ,degree decrease in temps.

someone please read my other topic and reply :) and yes i know i should replace my heatsink/fan but with what? someone should give me some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom