Computer won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried setting the jumper to clear the nvram, if I did it correctly, it did not work.

Anything else I should check?

jimbob4334 said:
I tried setting the jumper to clear the nvram, if I did it correctly, it did not work.

Anything else I should check?

try unpluging your cables on your optical drives

clear NVRAM like this: Set the jumper to 'Clear NVRAM' or whatever yours is. Reboot. It should beep and then say something like "CMOS/BIOS/NVRAM cleared by jumper" shut off the computer. Put the jumper back to its original place, probably say 'normal' or something. Turn it back on and it'll say something about bios config not set press such and such to enter bios. Do that, save settings (after checking them) and exit saving changes.

disconnect the following: keyboard, mouse, cdrom, floppy drive, and any non needed card. Basically, have ONLY the memory, HDD, CPU, vid card and monitor. try and boot.

Well I found out that the computer won't boot if the printer is turned on. I have a brother MFC 3820CN printer. It has a network card that should allow you to print from any computer on the network. That stopped working so I hooked it up to my PC directly to the USB a few weeks ago. I rebooted the other day and the computer did not come up again until I had unplugged if from the PC.

I assume either the driver is messed up or the printer is sending bad acks back during bootup.

Anyone agree or disagree with my diagnosis? I will do some research and see if others have had similar problems.

Thanks for all your help!

Jim

Not sure what PXE is, but I will check to see if there are any updates to my bios. The computer rebooted when I woke it this morning so I still have a problem.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom