Case wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circa219

In Runtime
I have a case that has front USB2.0, Firewire, and audio ports. When I plugged the USB wires and the audio wires in, I had spare ground wires that couldn't be plugged in anywhere. Is it OK to have unplugged ground wires? A few of them are plugged in but a couple aren't.

wow... never seen that problem before.. ive seen that there are more pins than there are connectorss.. but never the other way around... the thing is everything only has ONE ground wire.. like the 2 usb ports at the front will have 2 grounds (1 for each) n then the firewire n audio ports will have 1 ground each... perhapss u shud look into ur cases/mobo books and see if ur missing something

I looked and the manuals say nothing about it. However, I do have atleast 1 ground wire for each. So I think I should be safe.

yes i think that shud work out.. but just in case you should check those ports and see if they are working properly by hooking something up to them :)

You don't really "need" a ground wire, it's just for safety reasons. If you really want to do something about the loose ground wires you can just take off the plastic plug and electrical tape the wire to the side of your case or PSU and if you really want to get technical you can stick the ends into one of the two middle connectors(the two black wires) on the molex power plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom