so my 9800gtx is not all that

Status
Not open for further replies.
cpu is definitely a bottleneck, but still that card won't max out crysis how you want it to. I'd get a new board and cpu, and go either PII or intel if you want to play crapsis on good settings.

^ hmm, i dont know. i guess it could be the cpu holding him back. i didnt think he was maxing it out. maxed out those frames are ok for his cpu. but a new cpu is needed to help the card out.

hmm, 7750 wont be much of a upgrade. phenom II or a new intel rig.

hey bro intel rig is on the way
my new i7 hd4870 or gtx260
or tri 9800gtx's(joking)

i mean from what i had to do and what power the 9800 takes its not much of a great card for me imo

i guiess my cpu is weak to then again

7750 is basically the same dual core as mine maybe a little better but not much of an upgrade

my 3dmark score went up 1000+ with this card though

ohh and phil my clocks are stock, but even if i oc it just gives me like 2-3 fps. not alot. and i tried overclocking as much as you but it would run smooth and shuts down the system after some time, lots of artifacts too

another question how do i know my 5400 is bottlenecking the system

My buddy has a q6600 oc at 3.4 GHz, a SSC 285 and his average FPS is 23.74. So I am not sure how people with 9600 or 9800 are getting anything over 25 FPS, ever. I seriously doubt OC your cpu will get you more then 3 fps more out of this game.

is this Crysis or Crysis WH?

My buddy has a q6600 oc at 3.4 GHz, a SSC 285 and his average FPS is 23.74. So I am not sure how people with 9600 or 9800 are getting anything over 25 FPS, ever. I seriously doubt OC your cpu will get you more then 3 fps more out of this game.

its warhead and i meant overcloking the gpu

what a ssc 285 btw

its warhead and i meant overcloking the gpu

what a ssc 285 btw

Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1287-AR GeForce GTX 285 SSC Edition 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Sorry I wasn't directing that statement at you, I was just simply stating that OC'ing a cpu isn't going to increase FPS all that much since it was being discussed.

Heck even OC a gpu won't yield great results either. Not for the cards I have seen any way.

well i've got the cpu cranked up to 3.6 ghz and the gpu has a crazy overclock on it. this applies to both crysis and crysis warhead, DX10. also running DDR3 overclocked at 1600MHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom