Gfx card yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yon

In Runtime
I've heard all this stuff about Nvidia's mid range cards being better than the x800.... scary stuff... Made me change my mind... :umm: So I need a PCIe card... and I don't want some poo middle 1... want the best :cool: but so far I have only found the x800XT in PCIe... What Nvidia cards are out/will be out soon in PCIe?

i go believe that the nvidia 6800GT will soon be out in PCIe... and with a new system nvidia is bringing out u add 2 6800gts pcie cards into ur system and harness teh power of both.. :)

_SiLv3R_ said:
i go believe that the nvidia 6800GT will soon be out in PCIe... and with a new system nvidia is bringing out u add 2 6800gts pcie cards into ur system and harness teh power of both.. :)

Yep, and that my friend.....is frikkin madness!!!!! but i love it! :D

SNiPeRViRuS said:
not madness padawan, but a great hole in thy wallet
it sure is, if you want either an X800 or a 6800, even a single card costs heaps

I also reccomend getting the 6800 GT and then softmodding it to an Ultra - the GT's are roughly half the price of an ultra

ATi needs to bring the X800 Pro down to around $250-300 and it would be a decent card. The problem I have with it is the price for performance aspect. It would actually be a good competitor with the Nvidia 6800 128MB, although the Half-Life 2 benchmarks for the 6800 128MB don't look that great. Get a 6800 GT and soft-mod it to ultra like somebody above said to do.

PCI-E is rather expensive right now, ATi has released its X800 XT in PCI-E, but it is VERY expensive and hard to find.........

Waiting till they perfection their PCI-E cards might be best:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom