Dual screen on 6800

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
The system specs are below in my sig. The card is an ASUS gamer's edition 256 meg 6800 (gamer's edition is an ASUS thing). I am using one digital LCD monitor and one flat screen CRT television. I changed it to dual display via my Nvidia settings. Now, onto my problem and question.

I cannot use the dual display for viewing movies via either Windows Media player or Divx player. The players will show up, but the video will only play for the Digital monitor and not the tv, which is the only reason I hooked the tv up in the first place.

Everything else show up on both monitors, internet, desktop, winamp, games (which is good), etc...

I assume that the reason is that one monitor is digital and the other analog, but why can I see everything else on both screens.

I also tried to play different video file types with no avail.

Thanks everyone,
Matthew

well, how old is the tv? i think that the intent is to be able to use the tv as a monitor and the digital screen as a movie, but i am not sure

Well, the Tv is almost a year old, and they still sell that model currently. It will take s-video/component/RCA inputs, but the s-video is taken up by the DVD player. The cord that came with the 6800 is actually a s-video for the card and on the other side is a common RCA jack anyways.

yeah i have the 6800, but im not sure what to do, maybe call nvidia? sorry i dont know that much yet about dual screen.

I plan on contacting ASUS because my comp is mostly made from ASUS components including the vid card, mobo and memory. I will post what they had to say (may be a few days).

I updated the vid drivers from ASUS' site. The date on the drivers were i think 7/04, which are pretty current, but I'll give ati.com a try. Thanks.

EDIT: Why would I get Nvidia drivers from an ATI site? I'll check just because I'm curious.

EDIT: No drivers for my card, gee, I am gullable.

Also, I went to Nvidia's website and downloaded thier drivers, version 61.77 and still no go. Now I will contact ASUS and Nvidia and query them on the subject, since it's saturday, I don't plan to hear a response till at least monday.

I don't mean to bump this, but if anyone else has trouble with the same thing I'm trying to do, here's what I did. I first redetected my displays in Nvidia's manager, I made the tv turn automatically full screen anytime a video is played, while the LCD plays windowed, so I can play a movie fullscreen on my tv, while I do other tasks on the LCD.

The pop-up Nvidia manager in the bottom toolbar cannot do this option, I had to right click the desktop to bring up the expanded Nview settings. I found this out while trying to turn off anti-aliasing so my 3Dmark03 score would go up.

Thanks everyone who replied to this topic, it should now be done with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom