No Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSUBALL10

Beta member
Ok i have a problem, i was on my computer playing a game and it lost power. i restarted it and i had no sound. so i started looking around and talking to some friends. some people suggusted plugging headphones into my sound card to see if it was the speakers, i had no sounds with the headphones, so i figured it was the sound card. i had a sound blaster live! valve. so i then tried to switch the pci slot it was in and still no sound. so today i went and bought a new sound card. i bought a soundblaster live 5.1 and i came home and installed it and still nothing. any one have any ideas what could be wrong? thanks in advance

did u try going to windows Volume controle and make shur the volume is up and not muted?

u can also go into Controle panel/Sound devices/Audio, and make shur the proper device's are selected.

u tryed reinstalling the drivers for your sound card to..?

This seems very strange. Check the event viewer under Control Panel --> Administrative tools to see if it says anything about some error and check it on the Microsoft Website.

It could be just Windows not shutting down properly corrupted the drivers or something...

Make sure you have all the latest sound drivers from there website and check the Windows Update to check if there is a update you missed out, its happened with me before.

Also... i'm sure your not a newbie but just check you got the speakers in the right slot... and if you are using Surround sound that they are in the correct place.

Re-Check over the audio settings check to default and apply if necessary. Make sure you look under Hardware devices to ensure there is no hardware conflicts between the sounds if you do you'll see a triangle with "!" on it.

If you need more help or if none of them works reply back.

P.S Someone please look at my new thread too!!!

could be something in the Bios. My sound suddenly turned off once and i went into the bios and it said the sound was disabled... even though at the time i had on board sound you could still give that a check who knows maybe for some reason it turned off all the sound.

Thanks for the help guys, but nothing worked.

i have no errors in the administrative tools, event thing. All my drivers r up to date. and everything is plugged in right.

i also checked the bios and didnt see anything related to sound. u where did u find that at? but i looked and didnt see anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom