PC identify please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onymaru42

Baseband Member
Hello, im new to computer maintenance and trying to learn all I can. A friend recently gave me a computer he found on the side of the road, the case was smashed up a little but it still runs that I know of. Only problem is, I cant get the graphics card to load up. When i boot the PC up, it wont display anything on the monitor. I have installed a new card but it still wont work. The pc is a CTG acer intel triton. (this is all I could find on the PC) It has a HP diskdrive in it. It also has dual power in the back, 1 normal plug in and then 1 that looks like the power cord u plug in. In the front of the PC it has 3 buttons, 1 is a power button, 1 restart and I don't know about the other 1. From what I can see on the motherboard, it says AOpen (i guess this is the brand..) I can post pics of this PC if needed. Please help me solve this problem, if im not specific enough just tell me and ill post more.

does the computer beep when you turn it on? does it have a speaker inside the case?

start reseating hardware. memory, hd cables, power cables.

did you put the new video card in the same slot as the old one? can you try another?

No it does not beep when it turns on, the harddrive is really loud tho. Also, yes I did put it back where I got it. How do I reset everything if I cant see the screen? (again I'm new XD) Oh and no speaker in case..

Okay, I tried to reset, doesn't seem to do anything tho. Still doing the same thing. I tried putting the card in different slots, but it still wouldn't work right, I also used 5 different monitors with it thinking that the monitor was somehow incompatible. I did notice 1 thing tho, and again I might be wrong and sound stupid from this.. theres 4 slots for what looks like RAM, but no memory slots. Theres 2 cards of RAM in it.

Jesus thats old... You will have better luck at taking a hammer to it... Surprised to see an old AT system with a newer cd drive in it, seems to be a kids first learning computer...

IMO, just try to find something else to play with so you can learn as AT computers are obsolete... BTW is there ram in it? because I have the same AT motherboard in the closet, and the SIMM(I think it's simm) slots on yours appear to be empty. I can only see one of the slots though.

Use some M80's and make a cool "BOOM"

but a hammer will relieve a lot of stress... :D

(Put it back on the side of the road where you found it) :p

lol, DUDE. if you're in Western Australia you cn swing round my place and pick up a few to play with.

In AU we have something called bulk rubbish, which is basically a time your suburb gets to ditch all teh junk they have on the curb. After a week it gets picked up, but before that I just cruise around and pick up pc's. Usually find a couple of p4's, last trip I found a C2D so it's worth it :)
Even if they're broken, theyr'e still fun to try and blow up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom