Toooo hot still

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think there is a way to do it through the nvidia contriol panel.

if i was at home i would give screen shots and tell you how to do it. but i cant remember off the top of my head :(

i think there is a way to do it through the nvidia contriol panel.

if i was at home i would give screen shots and tell you how to do it. but i cant remember off the top of my head :(

hm ok...well ...i know the 8800gt default runs at 29% idle..? Or is that 29% 24/7.? And if idle..when does it kick up the speed..what temp? And to how fast?

You h ave to install nTune in order to do it via nVidia Control Panel. Just a heads up on that, cuz thats what I had to do just now to see those options.

Does anyone know at what temp. the 8800GT switches from 29% to a higher gear? And to what % it switches to? At default settings..?

I've been googling and can't find it. :(

It stays at 29% all the time no matter what unless you use software to set the fan control to auto, or use a hardware fan controller.

It stays at 29% all the time no matter what unless you use software to set the fan control to auto, or use a hardware fan controller.

What really?

I'm pretty sure I heard it get a lot louder while playing Fallout3..

here.... There was a thread around here somewhere with a good walkthru of it..

My 4870 idles at 77*c, before I fixed my fan... it's set @ 40%, and runs at 55-60*c during games. Got Liquid on the way.. You may have to re-load the fan settings when u restart..

Just click on the triangle, and mouse-over to find what u need.. The first option is your GFX card settings..
ssrivafd0.png

Here's the Post and the thread.. Good Riva tuner screen shots..

http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/need-help-overclocking-my-fans-198048/#post1570519

Ok..if I was to put in some after market piece into my rig in order to keep the nvidia 8800GT at default fan settings; ..so its nice and quiet..but I also wan the temp. reduced signifcantly..what aftermarket thing would you guys suggest?

I want..easy installation..and price not too outrageous. And it has to work with my case..which I think is an oddball so keep that in mind. Thanks :)

Basicly, I just want you guys to point me to a good product to do this job because I don't even know where to begin to look..and ill just buy the part..and take it to a PC-shop and tell them all I want them to do is stick this piece in my PC and ill just pay for it. heh..cuz I'd rather not mess up my puppy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom