not recognising usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
my computer doesnt recognise any removable media when i plug it in it knows ive plugged it in as it plays that noise but it doesnt show up in my computer, ive gone into disk management and it doesnt appear there also i tried updating the driver by the mobo cd in device manager but its says its already got the updates driver for this device. can anyone tell me what im doing wrong and why on earth it doesnt find my removable media?!?

BUT it recognises my mouse and gamepad so i dont think its a problem with my usb ports

Go into device manager and see if there are any errors with the USB drivers, it will have a little yellow ? next to it, if there is.

yeah usb mass storage device, but i try to update driver but all the time it says windows has the best driver for this device

in device manager its called usb mass stoarage device and when i try to update driver it says the best driver for your device is already installed but when i go to general tab it says in text box driver cannot start, maybe this is a limitation because i think my windows isnt activated properly

Try to uninstall the drivers for it, once that is complete restart and ignore the foud new hardware wizard and try to find the setup for the device on the manufactures cd...

That shouldn't be a limitation of your OS not being activated properly. Go to the manufacturer's site and download the latest chipset drivers for your computer, and install those.

i reinstalled vista as my last install i didnt delete my old copy of windows so this time its reformatted and put a fresh copy of vista its seeing the usb devices now but some of my usb devices its not installing them like printer, pen drives il show you a picture of my device manager

ive circled 2 unknown devices maybe thats the reason why?

ive done it i just needed to install all the windows updates (i know really obvious) but everytime ive installed a fresh copt of vista i never used to ahve this problem i could just install my printer or stick in my usb pen just after i installed vista and it would work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom