Need Advice on a Low-end graphics card....

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshytkage

Solid State Member
Well, i've got one of those old 915 chipsets :grind_teeth:(yeah i know....:( )...the thing is i bought the pc when i was 12 and wasn't a hardware techie till then, now i need a good graphics card which i can slot into my PCI(NOT express) slot on my mobo, i'm not looking for something fancy, as gaming isn't a priority, just something that'l be able to render casual gaming such as some Pro Evo.
The main problem that i've got while searching for one is that my mobo doesn't have a PCI-E slot, else i'd have gone for the ATI HD 4670. I know that i won't be getting anything in that league on a PCI. So i'd like you guys to recommend something as close to it as apossible with the budget around 75$...thanks a lot!

Unfortunately, given my current financial condition- setting up a brand new Rig is out of the question....

Does your board have an agp graphics slot? They are a little longer and darker colored that the white pci slots.

Does your board have an agp graphics slot? They are a little longer and darker colored that the white pci slots.

no...i only have the PCI slot, no AGP, no PCI-E..., my friend offered me to give me his old Geforce 5200 but it was a AGP card so it wouldn't work....

correct me if i'm wrong....but doesn't AGP provide lower bandwisth as compared to PCI..?

Not even close unless you are talking pci-express (Newer you do not have it)

pci 127.2 MB/sec

agp 2x 508.6 MB/sec

agp 4x 1017.3 MB/sec

What is your power supply wattage?

what is your budget? (even though all of these are pretty cheap)

if you PSU could handle it, I would suggest one of the Sparkle GPU's... either one will be good I think, but again... it's a suggestion... I haven't had a PCI GPU card in forever... lol

****! it's a 250 W max...
Bestec- ATX-250-12Z-REV H2
what do ya think?
my budget is aruond 75$, would prefer it were around 60 though...

wow...i didn't know "Dman!" was censored here...lol

you MIGHT be able to get away with this one:

Newegg.com - SPARKLE SFPC84GS512U2LP GeForce 8400 GS 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR 24PRO256M PCI Radeon HD 2400PRO 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

but check into the wattage required... but if not, then...

I would look for the 9250 or the 6200 type cards. IMO, those are going to work better... with a 250W PSU, your going to be severely limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom