athlon xp 3200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traicer

Baseband Member
does anyone know if the 3200s come with them Multiplier lcoked? if they do is there any way to unlock it?

Any Barton core produced after week 39 of 2003 is multiplier locked, and there is no way around it. Only thing you can do is increase the FSB to get your overclock, best motherboards for high FSB are the DFI Lanparty or Infinity.

ahh =( im running on a A7n8x-3 Deluxe, i'll see how much i can raise the FSB, also any idea if i should raise the core voltage and to what ?

I'm running the setup in my sig and I can overclock to whatever the hell I want. It's all only about a month old too. Good luck!

what speeds would i be able to get out of the FSB and i think i'm going to need some XMS ram for that, don't think Value select will do much, what would be the most that i can OC with Value Select?

I have Kingston Value ram and I can get from 2800Mhz to 3300Mhz with it. It not all that bad with a CL of 2.

Do they make a lanparty for an AMD, cuz on their site all there is is like two different versions, so i imagine one's gotta be the AMD one. i gotta 3000+, so i'm looking for one to fit that. Also, does it do dual channel?

Yes, DFI makes a Lanparty for the AMD processors, that's what I have. Just make sure you get the NFII Ultra B. And yes, it does run dual channel. I'm very very happy with my setup and everything runs fast and perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom