i7 920 Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, plus they have a better architecture.. also its much easier to find an e5200 cheaper than an e6600 since it was discontinued a long time ago

With an e5200 its a breeze to hit 4.0ghz.. where as the e6600 its kind of harder with the older architecture and that its 65nm

Should I get a E5300, or e7300? Yes. I meant to type 3. I saw some water cooling at my local Fry's electronics today. They had a Danger Den for $200, CoolIt Eliminator for $150, and some thermaltake setup for $150. If I were to pick, which one should I get, because I want to buy some of my stuff from there. They also had the Spin Q cooler, and it's HUGE! They also had some coolermaster CPU coolers, are those good?

Since there are no XFX GTX295's, which brand should I buy from? BFG Tech, EVGA, or PNY?(Fry's has those brands too, but not XFX!! :() Do you guys know anything about PCI cards? I need one for my old pentium 4, that only has a PCI slot.. I saw the 2400Pro, 8400GS, and 6200 OC at Fry's. Do you think any of these can play Steam games like half life 2 at around 1280x1024?

there is a 8500GT for pci, but it will be severly bottlenecked by the pci bus.
i think the 2400pro might be the best bet for a pci card.

get the e7400 it's only $120

How much better at OCing? Any numbers?

And the reviewer says it take up two slots, I only have one. I can get the 8400GS for $60, so should I get that, because there isn't much of a differnce between the 8 & 9 series, right? What should I expect my frames for HL2, and CSS? Would turning the res down help much?

the 9400GT and the 8500GT are the exact same thing, dual slot means it uses one pci slot and the cooler will cover up the other one.

the 9300GT and the 8400GS are the exact same thing.

both of them will have a be bottlenecked by the pci bus .

So they both have about the same performance, since they're both bottlenecked?? My computer is a HP m1264n, you should search the mobo, and see.

Edit~

Can someone tell me the differnce between the RAM I posted earlier, and the PI blacks? They have like the same specs, but the silver ones are cheaper. And do you guys think the E7300, and E7400 can reach 4.5GHz with aircooling? Should I get a Sunbeam CCTF for it, because I don't think I need water cooling for a dual core, since it's very cool.

Its highly likely you won't be able to run a Wolfdale on that ancient board... (You could try a BIOS update, but you won't get much support for it most likely...)

I think at best you could only run one of the older Core 2 Duos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom