Toooo hot still

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol its only been running 5 mins and already dropped GPU temp down by 16 C and both cores are down 2 C as well..

oh i was able to do it based on what phil said :)

wanna help me set up a good um..thing where it can kick on / off at proper temps to keep it properly cool? Or is that not possible?

Please check the link I posted in my post. It shows how on page 3.

Works fine for me.

Oh, now it works! heh..k ill try..hmm...other than the noise ..any negative effects of running speed high on fans?

Oh and um..what temp should I be shooting for with this card both idle and during games?

I just have my fan at 90% on startup. My other case fans block out the GPU fan anyway; and my new card is much quieter than my old one is anyway.

works for me.

the drivers they are using are very old and out dated. i dont think the current drivers let you do that. only through the nvidia comtrol panel

Ah, looks like you're right, philbar. Just checked on my RivaTuner, and I don't have those options. Didn't notice that, since I don't usually do auto control; I just have it setup on static on startup.

they were using forceware version 158.

i have mine hardwired to a fancontroler on the out side of my case. so i never have to worry about software control any more :p

I tried the auto control thing but it looked hard and I don't want to mess with it.

I also dont want my fan to run that high 24/7. Also I want to it be able to kick in when it needs it..hmm..

Is there a way to just change the default video card to run fan a bit faster..but still kick in faster when I need it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom