Comp Troubles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
So one night I simple shut down my rig, and the next morning it wouldn't POST for whatever reason. Anyone know why that might be? All the fans spin etc... but it seems as if the HSF fan spins, but at a very low speed as if for some reasons the CPU isn't "on" and is therefore not booting. Any ideas?

no beep code or anything...but i can definitely tell when the rig DID POST, you could hear the HSF go from "slow/idle" (like it is now) to a few thousand rpm like it should be when the rig is on....so clearly somethings not happening right here...

the most puzzling thing i find is that i simply shut it down, let it sit for the night and then WHAM just like that....its dead

your system speaker might not be connected properly. if the machine completes POST, it should beep once.

if it did post, its most likely a video card problem. reseat the card.

otherwise, you can remove any unnecessary hardware to try to get it to POST

If there were no changes in anything then I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be an issue of reseating things. I'd take out everything in the system minus the cpu and then pop things back in with corrosponding post codes and all that such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom