New Comp Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
From your PSU user manual:
1 x 610mm (24”) 8-pin EPS12V connector cable.
Note: The EPS12V power connector has a detachable 4-pin mechanism
in order to support either an 8-pin socket or a 4-pin “P4/12V” socket on
the motherboard.

What am I supposed to do with this information? I'm confused.

The manual doesn't appear to be quite accurate for the 650W version. The 4-pin doesn't "detach," it's simply a 4-pin with another 4-pin right beside it.

It says you have an 8pin board connector; you have to put th 2 4-pin connectors together the right way.

Well this tells me that's not the problem, as they were in correctly. I must have a short somewhere but don't know where ugh.

The only thing likely besides a bad board to begin with would be having one of the standoffs in wrong touching the board from underneath. That would ground something out.

I got 2 more possible leads from a friend the other day. He said the same exact thing happened to him twice. The first time it was a bad PSU with an internal short and the second time it was the default ram voltage set incorrectly. Can anyone else validate these as possible causes? My other friend knows how to use a paper clip and test to see if the PSU is bad. I think I'll try booting without ram plugged in also to see if it's a voltage setting thing.

I like what Eye said about the mobo standoffs. First, are you using metal or plastic standoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom