PC Power & Cooling Silencer Dell 500W question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Felon

Solid State Member
I noticed the fan grill was hitting the fan inside the psu so I took it off to try to bend it out but it broke. So my question is, is it ok to leave the grill off the psu fan? its running very quiet right now.

You should be ok. The grill is just meant to keep wires/fingers/etc from accidentally coming in contact with the fan. You may want to see about purchasing a fan grill, though, and adding it just for added protection.

Thanks again I just went through a ordeal let me tell you. I dropped a screw into the case and I could not find it..so I had to take everything out to find...****es me off so bad:eek:
Btw the fan inside this unit is 80mm right?

Hmmm... the page I looked at didn't say, but from the pictures I would say it would have to be 80 or 90mm. Let me look and see if I can find it somewhere.

EDIT: Couldn't see anything. Just check it with a tape measure or centimeter rule :p

Hmmm... the page I looked at didn't say, but from the pictures I would say it would have to be 80 or 90mm. Let me look and see if I can find it somewhere.

EDIT: Couldn't see anything. Just check it with a tape measure or centimeter rule :p
K Thanks for all of your wisdom :cool:

just keep your fingers away and wires away from it...or buy a new grill at coolerguys.com or somewhere else....they are very cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom