BIOS error msgs at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onyxx

Beta member
Hi guys, I´ve search the forum to find any info at all on this issue but I was not able to do so.
I have a problem with an ASUS P4P800 motherboard. Every time it boots up it gives me the following message:

Pri Master Hard Disk: S.M.A.R.T. Status BAD, backup and replace.
New CPU Installed! Please enter setup to configure your system.
Press F1 to Run Setup
Press F2 to load default values and continue.

If I press F1 and configure everything up on the bios, the same thing will happen next time I boot up. If I press F2 it continues normally and works great in windows until I restart the system.
The hard disk is OK and I have not installed a new CPU!
I have already upgraded the BIOS, replaced the battery and cleared the CMOS. I do not know what else to do. I was thinking maybe some caps are bad in the BIOS circuitry (just a guess)?
Any help people?

Thanks!

Well just by going with that message, your hard drive could be "failing" but still "functional." It could be on it's way out and your BIOS is detecting it.

If you swapped out the battery and it is still saying New CPU installed, I do not know what could be triggering that. Do you have any other hard drives you could try? I would back up your current drive just to be safe.

Hi guys,
Nagasama, it just started one day for no reason! Everyone keeps talking about the hard disks but unless I am missing something and it would not be the first time :eek:), I think this is a MB issue!

I have removed the cmos battery and the symptoms are the same without it every time the system is turned on! So I am thinking that the circuitry that involves the battery and the bios chip is failing! If I could get schematics for this mainboard...

Anyway, I have not giving up yet! Thanks for your help and keep it coming....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom