building a budget pc, what vicard would be best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At that res there is no point crossfiring you would get a 20-30% gain in fps. I think its possible to combine the 4830 and 4850 in cf if you wished. I have had that sig for ages and you are the first person to comment on it :).

heres the chart to prove the CF ability
CF_combo_chart_Nov08.jpg

The guys here just helped me with like a $425 build for my buddy.......we came to the conclusion that for around $100-$110......the 4830 was the best "bang for the buck" card at the moment

I mean .....that is great performance at that price....especially if you are not gaming at a real high resolution.

sweet. 4830 it is, then.
should i get the sapphire one? my case isn't going to have the best airflow, so it would be nice if the heat got put out the back, although I'm not sure any of the 4830 cards do this.

@saltnay lol yeah i didn't mean to offend you our anything, but that really cracks me up every time i read it, so i put it in there

He was happy you commented dude :)

I didn't know you could crossfire different cards. I guess you learn new things all the time.

sweet, 75 bux after MIR.
do you know if it comes with a dvi to... i dont know what its called, old fashioned monitor cable adaptor? or does it come with a dvi cable? what is the difference?

um no, it will not triple. And crossfire doesn't increase performance the same amount across the board. Some games are coded really well for it and see a huge increase, some games can actually see a decrease (very few these days).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom