260 gtx Vs. 280 gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 260 would be just fine. The 280 would net you perhaps 15fps so the question is; is that worth the extra cost to you? If you have the money go 280 if money is an issue go 260.

Not even 15 extra frames. 10 maybe. In Crysis you'll get around 30fps average with fairly high settings.

Get a GTX 260 216 vesion.....like the XFX Black Edition.....it comes with a mean oc already on the card and is stable as can be.

It powers Fallout 3 on my 46" HDTV at 1080P

Well I was going to look at a GTX280 but now i don't know.. that 260 runs Fallout..
is it a better deal all around for the amount of performance you think?
I have a 42" Plasma i was interested in seeing what i could do with when I upgrade.

I work in TV sales, and the most common Plasma 42" people buy is made by panasonic. Unfortunately a few of panasonic's lines don't have a PC input, so I'd check that out too. Though I guess you would be able to just to dvi to hdmi anyways.

I wouldn't recommend a VGA connection on a 1080p tv. I'd definitely go with dvi to hdmi ya know? Much better quality and you get the audio through dvi right onto the tv so you don't have to lug around speakers or anything.

+1 on the panasonic though, best plasma's you can buy IMO.

But a GTX 260 Core 216 is all you'll need for you're resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom