Guess what I did today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
hiting over 4GHZ

Less luck than just skill.

Especially with a lot of the newer processors, 4ghz is easier than you might think.

I suppose I was lucky to get an e6600 that clocks well, but again it comes down to buying early processors, the ones that come out in the beginning are almost always better overclockers.

I picked up this chip in December of 2006, not long after it came out.

Less luck than just skill.

Especially with a lot of the newer processors, 4ghz is easier than you might think.

I suppose I was lucky to get an e6600 that clocks well, but again it comes down to buying early processors, the ones that come out in the beginning are almost always better overclockers.

I picked up this chip in December of 2006, not long after it came out.

now you need to try and hit 5GHZ

a lot of money. there's lots of videos floating around on YouTube of people using liquid nitrogen to cool there CPU's its an extreme measure to take and a dangerous one if it sprung a leak:eek:.

Ln2 cooling isn't all that mind boggling.

And it would be very difficult for a Ln2 "Pot" to spring a leak as it's essentially an all copper cup that gets bolted to the cpu.

An alternative is to use dry ice instead, as it is much cheaper to bench with.

Ln2 cooling isn't all that mind boggling.

And it would be very difficult for a Ln2 "Pot" to spring a leak as it's essentially an all copper cup that gets bolted to the cpu.

An alternative is to use dry ice instead, as it is much cheaper to bench with.

yes. liquid nitrogen would be quite the wallet breaker. you should have a go at OC'ing an i7 945 using dry ice than.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom