[BUILD] Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting GTX 285 SLI or GTX 295 and a 24" monitor. I also have multiple Sony 52" HDTV. If you are asking me why I might get GTX 285 SLI it is just for benching. After some weeks I will sell one.

If you're doing that, why not grab SLI 295s? Just get a better PSU.

that's why i am a member here :D

We are such geeks. But it's not like there are many people in VA that are, so w00t.

If you're doing that, why not grab SLI 295s? Just get a better PSU.

We are such geeks. But it's not like there are many people in VA that are, so w00t.

I don't want to spend another $100 for the Corsair 1000w and pay $300 extra for Quad. 3DMARK06 doesn't like more than 2 GPUs.

EDIT: 1 GTX 285 is enough to max in most games.

^ i know what you mean. i know 2 other "tech savvy" people in the whole tidewater region.

2 GTX285's would better that a GTX295. especaly at higer res

I don't want to spend another $100 for the Corsair 1000w and pay $300 extra for Quad. 3DMARK06 doesn't like more than 2 GPUs.

EDIT: 1 GTX 285 is enough to max in most games.

Go with the 285s then, either way they'll be beast.

You've seen the rest of my parts, you just need to pick what you want out of the wild cards.

I would say go for the Asus Rampage x58 board, the new Corsair DDR3, 750W TX Corsair power supply is plenty.

Then grab the 920 i7 chip, dual 285's, whatever hdd's you need, and a nice big full tower case.

Then spend the rest on peripherals, monitor, and water cooling.

-i7 920
-Biostar TPower x58
-6GB OCZ Platinum RAM
-Dual GTX 285s
-850TX
-Bluray drive
-1tb HDD
-Nice case
-Good heatsink = About $2000 depending on the case. That would be a mighty good build that will last for years.

Newegg.com - XFX GX285NZDFF GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

That's the GTX 285 I recommend, because it's the cheapest, a high end brand, looks cool, and comes with COD5 and Far Cry 2. That's a pretty sick deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom