BIOs wont let me Overclock, no options..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekBubs

In Runtime
Everytime I enter my BIOs on setup, I'm presented with the blue bios screen, I scroll down to Advanced chipset features and press enter, Im only presented with TWO options....Video memory size (8MB or 1MB) and something else, thats it, nothing else...no CPU options no clock options NOTHING...this is my BIOs

Field Value
BIOS Properties
BIOS Type Award
Award BIOS Type Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Award BIOS Message (7C1D1p24) EVALUATION ROM - NOT FOR SALE
System BIOS Date 08/14/08
Video BIOS Date 06/02/08

Also, I've heard of "secret menus" manufacturers use, ive tried a couple combos like ctrl + f1 etc etc...Perhaps there is a secret menu somewhere :l?

Re: BIOs wont let me CPU, no options..

Yeah, its a dell inspiron 518...and I just noticed a typo in my title :l...but yeah I heard dell isnt all that for customizing D: still is there any way i can bypass it and get the other options that are supposed to be there? Screw the warranty...

Ah...well then..any 3rd party programs that will work...My CPU isnt great for gaming its an EE200 Pentium duo core @ 2.2ghz, I wanna clock it to 2.5 ghz if thats possible

Nothing that would work or be remotely safe. If you want to overclock you need to buy a new motherboard.

We could always help you put together a really nice, inexpensive build that you could overclock. ;)

Off topic, I love your new avatar rican. It looks sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom