Revealing The Power of DirectX 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
AnandTech: Revealing The Power of DirectX 11

A complex, everything you need to know, and elaborate article talking about the DirectX11 API in Windows 7 and Windows Vista. These pictures from the article provides a basic structure or idea of DX11. A worthy read if your curious to what's new in DX11 API structure compared to DX10/10.1:

dx11pipeline.png

otherstuff.png

apilayer.png

tesspipe.png

hullshader.png

tessellator.png

domainshader.png

currentauth.png

stepbysteptess.png

tessauth.png

i kept the OpenGL and CL pics out because it doesnt make sense if u look at it really, just need to read about it.

Not too much of an engine rework. Should be fairly easy to learn the new concepts. A lot more in this is going to be changed than DX9 to DX10 however.

Too bad its still probably 2-3 year away. Heck people still refuse to give up dx9 as it is.

Dx11 should be the standard for quite some time before they release a new version. But dx9 is getting quite old and upgrading to Window 7 is a good choice since I've been using XP since it came out.

late 2009 or early 2010. Will release with Windows 7 and Windows Vista, so ur a bit off :p.

How long has dx10 been out. How many people actually use it compared to slackers still using dx9. It might be out in 2010, but i'm saying its a good 2-3 years away from having any type of widespread adoption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom