Should I build or buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that budget just for the desktop or does it include your laptop as well? Will you need everything for your desktop like monitor, operating system, keyboard and mouse?

Yeah, considering exactly what you need will determine a lot. Monitors, cases, keyboards and mice can jack up the cost quite a but, but unlike the rest of the machine they have much longer lives so if you get quality the first time then you have no need to buy those parts again for several years.

Is that budget just for the desktop or does it include your laptop as well? Will you need everything for your desktop like monitor, operating system, keyboard and mouse?

Just Desktop, and I have a monitor (TV with PC imports) already.

melorock

I just saw this thread, it's very interesting for me as well, since I'm in the same boat:
I want to build or have built for me a PC also for music recording (DAW), but I do want to use it for occasional gaming, too.

I have gotten lots of good advice here and also on music forums, and now I think I know what I want to get.
I will post a list in a new thread to ask for advice/opinions!

I will get an i7 920 for sure!

Thanks again guys.

What I'll do is lurk around and look at other recommendation threads. With the wealth of computer information/advice on this forum, I'll take notes on what I parts I need, then I'll post again with what I got so far.

That's a smart way to do it. learn as much as you can and do your homework, and then come and see us. You will learn a lot more that way. And we wont let you build a crappy machine.

Thanks again guys.

What I'll do is lurk around and look at other recommendation threads. With the wealth of computer information/advice on this forum, I'll take notes on what I parts I need, then I'll post again with what I got so far.

Awesome !

that's what I did. Not that I know so much now, I'm still a noob, but I gathered some information on parts and got a list together.
And it's been great fun reading up on these things, looking up online reviews, reading threads:)

What sequencer software are you going to use?
And what OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom