Lets Design a Tech-Forums Case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the horrid paint skills

this is my ideal (air cooled) case hehe.

tfcase.jpg

now you can blast it ;)

leave no side window (cause some ppl just like to make one themselves ;))
audio/usb/power all on top panel near front.

i didnt have room to put a 2nd fan hole on the rear panel, but with better paint skills, that could be worked out.

Except it's techist.com, not .com. :p

Jeez taste, how can you fail so bad? It's .net!

There's your third. Lol.

I was thinking about doing up some fan grill designs...the case that looks like a literal TF is cool and all, but maybe simple would be better. TF fan grills would be a nice custom aspect, among other things.

By the way, taste, I really like your idea for the tilted intake fans. That's pretty neat.

Instead of tilting the actual intakes you could just use a small piece of dryer duct attached to the exhaust side of the fan and point that where you want the air to go.

Tilting the actual fan might prove more trouble than it's worth.

Fair enough aspire...you mean kinda like old dells/hps used to do with the hsf?

Except, you know, good?

hehe, when i was making my pic, i was trying to get it done as fast as i could before somebody like aspire beat me to the punch ;)

thus i get .com garden tools ;)

no doubt that tilting that fan would be troublesome.
i may attempt this on my case to see if it looks neat or not.

A tilted fan should be fine as long as it is ball bearing but it might be better to avoid it anyway.
What I would like to see is a large, wide mid-tower with plenty of room for ATX and long cards but doesn't pretend to support EATX.
3 5.25" bays right at the top and 6 internal 3.5" bays mounted sideways with two removable SATA backplanes.
2mm+ steel skeleton and removable motherboard tray and 1mm+ removable panels both sides and top but hinged off rather than slide off.
It would look a bit like a large dell optiplex 740 but much wider. It would have the structural strength, low PSU postion, raised, meshed underside and removable mobo tray of a CM STC-T01. It would have the hinged side panels like an antec solo along with a removable top like an akasa eclipse. The HDD bay would be a lot like the lian-li pc-A7110. It could also have a removable strengthening bar and excellent cable management (helped by additional width) like a silverstone TJ-05.
I can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom