for $2100 am I getting my moneys worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, there's definitely a noticeable difference between the 260 and the 295...of course, whether it matters or not depends on your monitor and what resolution you play at. The 295 is a ridiculous monster of a card.

Though 260s in SLI start to scratch the surface. You can pick up 2x 260s for around 450 or so, while the 295 is closer to 500 and over. It's really a matter of preference. If you have the money, I would go with the 295, unless you were thinking about a tri-monitor setup, haha.

The only justification I can think of for getting the 295 with a 24" monitor would have to be if all he plays is Crysis.

Because the GTX 295 is capable of maxing out every other game @ 2560x1680.

Well, I would have recommended a 30" monitor, but that would put him out of his budget.

Besides, what monitor does rican have, and he still has a 295? I figure for similar costs to sli 260s, it's not a bad buy.

I've never seen a reso above 1280x800 I think. Lmao. My desktop has 1164x whatever, or something.

Once you get above 1900x1200 I think your getting a tad ridiculous with your resolutions. I'm running at 1680x1050 and I just upgraded.

Once you have a 4k resolution, theres no going back. Also, whats with the biostar x58? Get an evga x58 so if you ever hve issues with it you can actually get it replaced.

Also, cyberpower really is one of the few builders around that i have seen that is worth buying from if you dont have the time to build, or need the warranty.

Also, the 295 is a better buy than SLI 260 due to the extra shaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom