Missing audio codec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
The scenario: Upon trying to play a DivX video file, the player (WMP 10) plays it without sound. when going back to the playlist, it shows an error, and reports it as needing an audio codec to play the file. I thought I had downloaded and installed the full set of DivX codecs. what am I missing, and where can I get it?

i had just posted a new topic asking if anyone's experiencing any issues w/ WMP10...i wonder if this is one?

anyway, i had a similar problem a while back...i solved it by re-installing my audio drivers on my comp.

now, it had sound w/ your previous version of WMP9 right?

does it play cd music or any other audio from any other source?

check yer audio source and see if it somehow got disabled, in your properties.

or just open with divx player.

EDIT: I used Gspot and found out I have two compatible codecs, but there are for Divx, now, how do I get these codecs to work with WIndows Mediaplayer?

I'm sure the cunjo would like to know too.

I don't think it's a WMP 10 bug, I've never had this problem before, but other people have. Since I never tried to play the problem files using WMP 9, I wouldn't know for sure.

WMP 10 DOES have it's bugs, and I am thoroughly disgusted with it. things like a video not playing again if you stop it while in full-screen mode (unless you leave full-screen first) or the fact that the exit button in full-screen does not work 80% of the time. I could go on to list a dozen more things that I hate about it, but it's more or less irrelivant to the subject... back on topic...

I'll look at trying the gspot solution, though I don't fully trust software without looking further into it.

I don't have the DivX player installed - just the codecs. all other DivX compressed videos seem to work fine. What I need it the codec for use in WMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom