d-link dwl-650+ pcmcica card not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

studiorion

Solid State Member
Hello, I've recently been trying to get my d-link dwl-650+ cardbus adaptor to work (again) with my slightly old toshiba P4 satellite laptop.

I've followed the installation steps a number of times (install software/drivers, then turn off, install card, and reboot) but each time I get errors.

First off, the d-link wifi software loads, but has an X over the reception meter and says "no dlink card found" then quits automatically after a few seconds.

In device manager, it has a yellow "!" and it gives one of 2 errors.

Code 12, which means that it can't find enough resources to load device (even though there should be enough resources, and i've shut off every other resource to try and diagnose the problem).

code 35, which says that the host / driver files may be corrupt. While this is possible, I doubt that that's actually the case, as I've gotten the files in different versions from multiple sources, so I'd doubt they were all corrupt (though, of course, still possible).

I consider myself relatively computer savvy, but I'm just at a complete loss for this, and even "the google" couldn't help me out, so I figured, why not go to the place where my computer prowess is that of a cockroach =)

Thanks a bunch for any advice, everyone!

Jon

What laptop do you have? If it was a dell or toshiba I would assume you did the bios update suggested. You disabled your onboard lan for the install? Turned off any firewall running? Logged on as an admin?

You really seem to know what you are doing. I am just hoping to find some method you have not tried yet so sorry if I keep posting steps you have already taken.

What laptop do you have? If it was a dell or toshiba I would assume you did the bios update suggested. You disabled your onboard lan for the install? Turned off any firewall running? Logged on as an admin?

You really seem to know what you are doing. I am just hoping to find some method you have not tried yet so sorry if I keep posting steps you have already taken.

Oh don't worry, I won't be offended, because, it's pretty likely that I just missed a step somewhere hehe, now I"m gonna try to update the bios and see if that helps

What operating system are you using? As long as it isn't as old as Windows 95, and as long as it isn't Vista the drivers should not be at fault.

Also, the only other limitation I see is that it requires 32Mb of RAM, but again I am sure you have plenty of that as well.

System Requirements:
• A laptop computer with an available 32-bit Cardbus PC Card slot
• Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me, or Windows 98
• Cardbus Controller, properly installed and working
• At least 32 MB of memory and a 300 MHz processor
• An 802.11b Access Point (e.g., DWL-900AP+ for Infrastructure
Mode) or another 802.11b wireless adapter (e.g., DWL-520 for Ad-
Hoc mode.)

If you meet all that, then I would say I'm at a loss. Could try a fresh install, but there's no guarantee's there either.

And your cardbus controller is confirmed working/installed correctly? If so, then again I am at a loss on this one. Perhaps the Bios update will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom