GTX260/280 vs. 9800GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright - is the 280GTX worth the extra money for the upgrade? Or should I just get myself a nice EVGA GTX 260

260 should do you fine, but if you have extra money with no home, 280 or 285 cant hurt.

if you get a 260, be sure you get the core 216 55nm version.

is there a specific reason why I need the 216 55nm?

Also, would it be worth the extra $ for the 'superclocked' edition from evga?

This is the one Im thinking about buying:

Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

thanks for all the input guys

The 216 has those extra Processing Shader cores which would increase the performance a bit... and its only a few more dollars than the GTX 260 (normal)...

Plus the GTX 260 Core 216 is extremely close to GTX 280 in performance (because theres only a 24 core different [240 vs 216])

Don't get the Superclocked version for the reason Saltynay said.. free OC'ing > spening money :D

Bro, for the price difference between the BFG and EVGA, for 5 bucks to get a factory warrenty on a very nicely overclocked card, I think it's worth it, plus I've gotten higher overclocks from pre-overclocked video cards compared to basic (run too hot usually)

I'd go with Evga, they have lifetime warranty. And will replace it even if you fry the GPU from overclocking too much.

BFG has a lifetime warranty and offer 100 days to step up.

I never hear much about BFG on theses forums.....however I believe them to be one of the best video card companies out there...almost like they get no respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom