building a budget pc, what vicard would be best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzardxexe

In Runtime
what would be the best ati video card for 70-100 bux (not including shipping). my goal is to be able to play crysis on medium at 1280*1024 at ~25 fps dx9

would rather it be ati because i bought a crossfire-able mobo, thinking in future to crossfire with the same card.

dont tell me to get nvidia

I really don't get the difference between nvidia and ATI, except ive had bad experiences with nvidia in the past. i think I'm going to go with a 4830, 500w power supply is enough, right?

the 9800gt would out perform the 4830 in crysis. and your psu should be fine

the 4670 is not going to cut it in crysis playing at medium settings.

... thanks, but i'm going to go ati on this one. ive heard great things about the 4830.
Im not a hardcore gamer, and the 4830 seems to fit in my price range, and eventually i can crossfire it.

"Sort of like having lots of small processors in parallel, each with a simple isntruction, instead of crunching big complex instructions on a single Algorithmic Logic Unit.
If you want to mine coal, you can have one big welshman with a huge pickaxe, but lots and lots of mexican children with spoons will get you more coal."

lol, makes me laugh every time i read it

... thanks, but i'm going to go ati on this one. ive heard great things about the 4830.
Im not a hardcore gamer, and the 4830 seems to fit in my price range, and eventually i can crossfire it.

"Sort of like having lots of small processors in parallel, each with a simple isntruction, instead of crunching big complex instructions on a single Algorithmic Logic Unit.
If you want to mine coal, you can have one big welshman with a huge pickaxe, but lots and lots of mexican children with spoons will get you more coal."

lol, makes me laugh every time i read it

The HD 4830 is the faster card, but since Crysis is partly sponsored to nVIdia, the game is more biased to nVIdia architecture, so it might get a few extra FPS as opposed to the HD 4830...

But overall the HD 4830 is just better, and its a steal for the price

thanks vernong, i'm not worried about a few fps. heck, my monitors 1280*1024, so it can't be that bad.
if i get a 4850(eventually) and cf, will it cripple the 4850?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom