What is a good cpu cooler for a core i7 920?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
Yeah, it is a thing for ocing I guess, so I put it here. I don't really want to spend over $100, but I would much rather spend a lot less.

well...i'm using the xigmatek s1283 cooler with the xigmatek I7361 bracket...working good for me. OC'd to 3.0ghz and getting 45-50C load temps with prime 95 (maybe higher depending on your ambient temps..it's around 20-30F here right now)

I'd go with the Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme, or the XIGMATEK Rifle. They seem to be quite popular.

Well I already bought the one off of performance pcs. It's only a $4 difference, so no problem.

Anyway, I've got another question now. Should I buy any additional fans for an antec 900? I've ordered it already, but it hasn't come yet. I'm not sure, but I believe that It only comes with front and rear fans. Should I buy some fans for the side?

You might not have enough clearance between the cooler and the side panel. Double check before making your next purchase. Otherwise I found the stock Antec fans to be adequate as you have two in the front, one in back, and the Big Boy on top.

Better than Newegg? Yeah, sure...except for the fact that Newegg has a much better selection. :p

ncix is cathcing up. and for me they have a much better selection. did you know they only offer 2 shipping optiosn to canadians, and if i where to buy a case from newegg.ca they would charge me 117$ for standard ground shipping and it wouldnt even be to my door. just to get expedited from new egg they would charge 170$ its rediculous just to ship a siulverstone raven not to mention there 40$ more $$$ then ncix. also they should have cross check out. like go to the U.S. site pick your parts, then when your in check out pick either canada or us, they dont offer it at all, between canada and the us they dont even have teh same sales, ncix has that on both there canadian and american site same sales, cross check out. finaly the express shipping, is always cheaper then ncix's cheapest shipping option to you and its 1-2 day air shiping. i orderd case fans and a new hdd received my entire order the next day from cali, im on the east coast! there selection may not be as high but there service is either just as good if not better then new eggs, also there selection has really improoved in the last year to keep up with the egg. final note if new egg ever has anything cheaper then ncix, ncix will price match.

p.s. your talking about selection and i linked a cooler newegg doesnt cary but is very main stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom