Prebuilt Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonalwaysready

Daemon Poster
I'm getting a new laptop at work, and so it has to be prebuilt from dell.

whats the best i can do for $900, not to exceed $950?

Thanks,

Dell has an excellent website where you can pick the build and add or remove options from it. I would suggest going to there site and seeing what you like.

What would it be used for?

periodically i would beat the snot out of the processor, but mostly to be used once in a while to transport programs to be hooked up to a projector to show the general public something. i just need an upgrade because my workstation isnt going on the road...

and i realize i can go to the dell website to buy the dell specific laptop that i said i needed to get... ive done it now... i was looking for some help to see if anyone knew good price/ performance ratios for all of the varying different models that dell has...

Do you have a preference on screen size? The best i would say would be the Vostro lineup from Dell based for small businesses. You can start off with teh basic 15.4" screen which starts off cheap like around $400 and upgrade it to what you want and come in under the price range you are looking for.

I just built one with a Core 2 Duo, 3GB of RAM and a dedicated 8400M GPU and select the 9 Cell Battery for extended life and the 1 year accidental care plan and came in at $877.

Full list of the PC i just built for that price:

Code:
PROCESSOR	Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5670 (1.8GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)	edit
OPERATING SYSTEM	Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium, Service Pack 1	edit
PRODUCTIVITY SOFTWARE	No Productivity Software	edit
WARRANTY & SERVICE	1 Year Basic Limited Warranty and 1 Year NBD On-Site Service	edit
		Dell Recommends
Upgrade to 3 Yr ProSupport Service and Get Support Beyond Your Hardware
	Upgrade to 3 Year ProSupport for End Users and 3 Year NBD On-site Service [add $120]

LCD PANEL	15.4 inch Widescreen WXGA LCD Anti-Glare Display	edit
MEMORY	3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, 2 DIMM	edit
OPTICAL DRIVE	8X DVD+/-RW with double-layer DVD+/-R write capability, with Roxio Creator	edit
VIDEO CARD	256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS	edit
HARD DRIVE	320GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive	edit
WI-FI WIRELESS CARD	Dell Wireless 1395 802.11g Wi-Fi Internal Card	edit
WEBCAM	Integrated 1.3 mega pixel Web Camera and Digital Microphone	edit
FINGERPRINT READER	No UPEKM ® Fingerprint Reader	edit
Service
BATTERIES	9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery	edit
ADOBE SOFTWARE	Adobe® Reader	edit
SECURITY	Special offer - Save $35 McAfee Total Protection for Small Business, 15-months	edit
		Dell Recommends
Protect your System against Virus, thief identity, Spam, Spyware and more with Norton Internet Securityâ„¢ 2009.
	Upgrade to Norton Internet Securityâ„¢ 2009 15 Month [add $35]

My Services & Warranties
ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE SERVICE	1 Year CompleteCare Accidental Damage Protection	edit
ON-SITE SYSTEM SETUP	No Onsite System Setup	edit
DELL DATASAFEâ„¢ ONLINE BACKUP 	No Online Data Back Up Installed	edit
PURCHASE INTENT	Purchase is Not Intended for Resale	edit
ALSO INCLUDED WITH YOUR SYSTEM
SOUND OPTION	High Definition Audio 2.0	
Customized Pictaflex LCD Back	No Customerization LCD Option	
Processor Branding	Intel Core 2 Duo Label

Who me? I was only posting that for the OP. For me i would be able to run Office on there easily which could do Powerpoint presentations. I mean it would have 3GB of RAM so it would be comparable if not better than my current desktop. So really there isnt much that it couldnt do daily that i do now.

Dell has some great ideas. You can go to their site and build a PC and see to it that it does not exceed your price limit

Do you have a preference on screen size? The best i would say would be the Vostro lineup from Dell based for small businesses. You can start off with the basic 15.4" screen which starts off cheap like around $400 and upgrade it to what you want and come in under the price range you are looking for.

I just built one with a Core 2 Duo, 3GB of RAM and a dedicated 8400M GPU and select the 9 Cell Battery for extended life and the 1 year accidental care plan and came in at $877.

Full list of the PC i just built for that price:

thanks for being helpful, thats pretty much what i went with...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom