Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would tinker with it if you really want to.. but I would just say return it if you can as it's clearly DOA

The inverter isn't the issue as it is most likely built into the laptop and isn't part of the screen.

the old screen had a crack in it but still work fine. Just annoying. Now today when i cut i on i can barely see the bios screen and the login, the light has to hit it just right. I am assuming its the back light now, but i dont know where to find the info on the old screens back light. Could i switch the backlight from the old to the new or switch the interior screen?

If your old cracked screen works (including the backlight), but your new screen doesn't work (because the backlight doesn't work, but the LCD is working) then this indicates that a faulty inverter is not the cause of the problem.

The cause of the problem is highly likely to be a faulty backlight in your new screen. This could be faulty backlight wiring or a broken Cold Cathode Clorescent Lamp.

The screen should have two plugs that have to be plugged in... the flat cable and a small one at the bottom of the screen. The flat cable is the one that transmits the image, the other is for the backlight. It still sounds like the bottom plug is not in good or is reversed. Here is a guide for removing the screen: Bliss Computers bc_removalSWF

It is possible that the inverter is bad, but unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom