Omega Drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Beret

Baseband Member
I've been searching the forums, and I can't seem to find exactly what do the Omega drivers do? I have never tried them before...so I'm wondering...will this driver set from Omega actually help me overclock my Radeon 9800 Pro, to safe setting? Like the nVidia does with their "auto detect feature"? Thanks.:)

their like "unofficial" drivers for the video card...i dont use them cause i think they void your warrenty

at the moment i only have an old Gforce2. but i would imagine that the Omega driver's just alow u to clock the card to witch ever settings u wont, like the frequency settings enabled in nvidias driver after Coolbits is active.

that just my guess, u know u can just read up on what the drivers do at there own web site.

their like "unofficial" drivers for the video card...i dont use them cause i think they void your warrenty

there is no way to viod warrenty of a product with dirvers.. your thinking of the warrenty being void if u flash your card's bios.

You may read the FAQ's and what not on the omega drivers site. Follow this link: http://www.omegadrivers.net/
RADCLOCKER and ATI TOOL come with the drivers which allow you to safely and easily overclock your card although you can still damage your card with O/C if you're not cautious.

The Omega drives gave me like 15+ FPS with out overclocking. Granted that won't happen with everyone. They are tweaked alot for gaming over the regular drivers. I suggest you get them even if you don't want to overclock your video card. They are awesome. :D

Red Beret said:
what do you mean "decent doom 3 performence"? More FPS?

1024x768, High settings, No AA, 8xAF, i got 72.1FPS on the time demo with the Omega drivers. Catalyst 4.9 gives me 74.9, so I can't wait to see what happens when Omega 4.9 comes out. With catalyst 4.6, i was in the low 40s on my timedemo.

isnt AF bairly noticable? wouldnt it be almost the same if u had 0xAF? and i think AF usess more resource's then AA, no?? except AA is a more noticable improvement?

Note- im asking, not telling... i only have an old Gforce2 right now, so i seriously dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom