Now Monitor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus

Daemon Poster
When I try to play Rise of Nations: Thrones & Patriots, the srceen blips black for a second and comes back to the desktop, only everythings really big. Then it starts loading, and after awhile, I click or press enter, and it comes back w/an error window:

"Rise of Nations cannot run with the monitor display mode set to 256 colors. Please change monitor display to 16 bit color or greater."

I goto where you change this (in the display properties) and do what it says...but it keeps doing the same thing over and over. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can solve this?

Any patches downloadable from the games publisher? They don't find out about a lot of incompatible graphics card issues until the game is released.

Well, when I go to check the grafix card, It looks as if it's not recognized roperly or something...I do believe that I need to download the proper WinXP compatible driver for my card. But the problem, I don't think has much, if not anything, to do with it...or could it? (Probably anothher stupid question)

Yeah...I figured that's what's been giving me ALL the problems that I've been up against (I hope *gulp*). Now, is there one driver for all or do I need to specify which card; I imagine that's it's the latter, right?

Oh yea, you better believe it!!! Thankfully, though, we are moving within the month, and my parents HATE dial-up. So we're getting cable, I guess.

One last little quick question...I can save this directly to CD and pop it into my computer, right? I mean, once downloaded, it won't activate or anything, will it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom