Wow dell did something right

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
A few of you may remember a year and a bit ago dell announced a concept design which looks like this
dell-display-port2.jpg

Well it actually came through how rare is that, here is the dell page (UK):
Dell : Dell Dell<SUP>TM</SUP> 22 inch Crystal Widescreen Monitor with Webcam : Displays : Home & Home Office

Tech specs aren't special but I still want one!!!

Too bad its horribly overpriced.

Although it is understood that a premium is to be paid for a show piece, it is still a bit much for what is essentially the Dell ULTRASHARP 2208WFP with a piece of glass on top of it. Also, it's disappointing to have to use such a large and bulky power brick to power the monitor. For the high price tag, you would expect full 1920x1080 support.

^^

i agree with this.

So it has after some googling. I just noticed it as I get the dell newsletter and its on offer, It was ages ago that it was first on here as concept as the original pic is stored before I started my mod so looking at about may of 07.

I paid less than that for my 30" dell that has a resolution of 25x16. And personally i think walking in to a HUGEMONGUS monitor is "cooler" than some "showpiece". I blame crapple for this whole form over function fad.

Nothing wrong with form over function, I payed a £300 premium for form over function with my monitor. I could of get the 30" dell but instead I have a beautiful 24" which still has the wow thats huge factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom