Switching from Nvidia to ATI!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mission

In Runtime
K hi hihihiiiii im buying an ATI radeon 9800 pro and right now i have a nvidia geforce fx 5200 installed. if i install the ati...will it work? if i dontload/install the drivers and such? or do i have to uninstall the nvidia ones first so my computer doesnt go crrrazzziee? i herd that you should reformat before you install a new video card, but i just reformatted and got everything back to normal so i dont want to!

"ATInfo..."

Mission said:
K hi hihihiiiii im buying an ATI radeon 9800 pro and right now i have a nvidia geforce fx 5200 installed. if i install the ati...will it work? if i dontload/install the drivers and such? or do i have to uninstall the nvidia ones first so my computer doesnt go crrrazzziee? i herd that you should reformat before you install a new video card, but i just reformatted and got everything back to normal so i dont want to!
That's true. Video cards have better performance after a reformat.... :beard: :cool:

lol if you can spend a lil more money i wud suggest u go with the nvidia 6800GT.. it kils the 9800 series.. but the 9800 series are unbeaten in its class but stilll the 6800GT easily triples its performance.. the best video card out to date :)

"Power Packer..."

.......................:nerd: That's true too, but the 9800 is still pretty good, and it still costs less than the GT. Don't spend any more money than you have to. :) :cool:

_SiLv3R_ said:
the 9800 series are unbeaten in its class but stilll the 6800GT easily triples its performance.. the best video card out to date :)

I wouldn't say that it triples its performance, its just the gt... not even the Ultra. Don't get too carried away :)

There are issues when going from NVIDIA to ATI. The add/remove program does not remove all DLL files from your old drivers and they cause clashes between the 2 cards. However, there are many video card driver removal programs out there (such as detonator destroyer) which do a complete nvidia uninstall simply do a google search.
Once they are safely removed, shut down your computer, install your new card and reboot. Install the latest ati drivers (4.9 are out) or the omega drivers (which are great by the way) and you should have no problems.

Agex000 will be proud of you!...lol. The 9800 Pro is an excelent card. My friend has it and he cuts through any game he throws at it at maxed out graphics.

zerozero said:
There are issues when going from NVIDIA to ATI. The add/remove program does not remove all DLL files from your old drivers and they cause clashes between the 2 cards. However, there are many video card driver removal programs out there (such as detonator destroyer) which do a complete nvidia.

thanks, but which one do i get?! there are so many of these things!

I couldn't tell you which one to use. Last time I used detonator destroyer and had no problems..... Maybe some other poeple have more recent experience though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom