Possible Video Card problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robdarftw

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I am totally stumped as to what to do with fixing my computer. I was having video card problems when I built my new system in December of '08. I sent it back to XFX, and they tested it, and said it was faulty. So they sent me a new one, I put it in today, and deleted all my old drivers, did the driver sweeping, and installed the newest up-to-date drivers for the card. I even did the same for the mobo. So now, i am still having horrible problems. Btw, i checked teh wiring and everything multiple times, everything is in its proper place. (What are teh chances of getting 2 faulty cards twice?) Games like COD5 keep freezing and crashing, and I wind up with very wierd artifacts all over the screen. These include red and white block-outs of characters in games, and also some strange events that I have pics of. HEre it is.
downsized_0203091857.jpg
[/IMG] and if that doesnt work, try this Comp screwing up during COD5 picture by robdarftw - Photobucket Thats basically wat has been happening. I have already brought it to a local computer store, and they never figured out what was wrong with it, even though they charged me $100. Ya, so if anyones got any ideas, It would be greatly appreciated.
Robbie
btw, this is teh system Specs

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 overclocked to 3.5 ghz
Mobo: Nvidia Nforce XFX 780i sli
Memory: 8gb OCZ memory
HDD: 750gb
Video Card: XFX GTX 260 Black Edition
PSU: Ultra 850w

Not sure, my best friends mobo has an integrated ATI vid card and does the same thing, it always does it when it's really cold, figured a bad connection... And I would have raised **** in them not actualy finding anything out and charging you... I would check to make sure you dont have a bad VGA cable... Or you could always RMA again...

I just hated waiting the 3 weeks i had to wait to get the RMA card back, and I had to pay shipping! lol. ya, it could be that, i will change out the VGA cables, and see what happens, but if it doesnt work, what do you recommend?

Could always try cleaning the PCIe slot out some, hope there is some dust in there... What kind of PSU??? Got a link to it?

well yeah it's a gpu problem....

It's a faulty card.. Run riva tuner and check the temps on it before you contact xfx for an RMA and all that also. It might be that it's over heating in your case, but I would just assume sent it back to them for a 'new' one. although i actually just heard that xfx sends refurb cards out to RMA people instead of new ones...

Here is the Link for the PSU I have, and it should be enough power to supply my video card. And b4 i got the new card sent back from XFX, I did clean out the pci-e slots, and everything else. It might be the integrated GPU, i am not sure, but i dont know how to disable that. But I checked the temps and everything, card never goes above 45C. Everything is pretty cool in my case. But ya, if nothing works, it would really suck to have to send it back, because they took forever 2 get me a new one, and I had to pay shipping and everything. I am gonna check the wiring again today, and maybe order new pci-e power cables, but other than that, i dont know what to do. There is noone around me that is computer savvy that would have any idea how to help, so that limits what i can do.

woops sorry, here is the link for the psu Ultra Ultra X3 ULT40312 850-Watt Power Supply

And what are the chances of getting two faulty cards? that just seems to be horrible luck! I was grounded and everything!!!

firstly, if your monitor is plugged into your GPU PCI-e then it's not a problem with your onboard GPU, tho it could be a problem with your PCI-e slot or card

O btw, Can a 8pin pci-e power cable that is connected to the psu be connected to the 6pin pci-e slot on my video card? I have two cables that have one end 8pin, and the other end 6pin. I am not sure if i can do this or not, because my psu only has one 6pin pci-e slot. lol I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom