So im considering going on water for my GTX 295.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the rubber washer idea will work fine. its not like the fans have to be airtight or anything. think about the fan on a car. it doesnt touch the radiator itself but moves enough air to push through the radiator. or pull, anyways.

i think the rubber washer idea will work fine. its not like the fans have to be airtight or anything. think about the fan on a car. it doesnt touch the radiator itself but moves enough air to push through the radiator. or pull, anyways.

Yes, but when a car is moving, air is being forced through the radiator anyways.

The fan is really only there for when the car isn't moving.

Plus a car radiator has about 10x the surface area of a pc rad. And the fan pushes about 10x the air as well.

guess we wont know untill i try it huh?

what i can do is grab the rad and expirement with it to see how it works out.

even if its not perfect, temps will be lower which is my ultimate goal. If i can keep the gpu in the 50's on load when oc'd, ill be happy.

Yes, but when a car is moving, air is being forced through the radiator anyways.

The fan is really only there for when the car isn't moving.

Plus a car radiator has about 10x the surface area of a pc rad. And the fan pushes about 10x the air as well.

well, a car engine is about 1000x bigger than a cpu, so it should work out in the end. :D i say/vote that the amount of air escaping thru a 1/32" gap is not going to be enough to inhibit good water cooling performance. of course, you are the water guru, but i know physics pretty well.

that little silver ledge in your case rican i thinkis to support a radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom