$900CAN Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilles

In Runtime
I plan on building a gaming computer in a couple weeks. I've been getting builds together, and this is what I've narrowed them down into. Right now it stands at $800CAN, but that does not include a video card. I don't know a whole lot about hardware, so most of this build has been a mixture of recommendations.

Also I'd like to use NCIX, not NewEgg. As well, prices have to be CAN.

PCU: NCIX.com - Buy Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Dual Core Processor LGA775 3.0GHZ Wolfdale 1333FSB 6MB Retail - BX80570E8400 In Canada.

Mobo: NCIX.com - Buy ASUS P5QL Pro ATX LGA775 P43 DDR2 1PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA2 Sound GBLAN Motherboard - P5QL Pro In Canada.

RAM: NCIX.com - Buy G.SKILL F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ PC2-8000 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-1000 CL5-5-5-15 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit - F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ In Canada.

PSU: NCIX.com - Buy Corsair TX750W 750W ATX 12V 60A 24PIN ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan - CMPSU-750TX In Canada.

Case:NCIX.com - Buy Antec Three Hundred Mini Tower Gaming Case 300 ATX 3X5.25 6X3.5INT No PS Front USB & Audio - THREE HUNDRED In Canada.

HDD: NCIX.com - Buy Samsung Spinpoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB SATA2 7200RPM 8.9MS 16MB 3.5IN Hard Drive OEM 3YR MFR Wrnty - HD501LJ In Canada.

DvD: NCIX.com - Buy LG GH22NS30 Black DVD+RW 22X8X16 DVD-RW 22X6X16 DL 16X/12X 2MB SATA OEM - GH22NS30 BLACK In Canada.

The PSU might go down to 500watts, although I do plan on upgrading on a somewhat regular basis, and I figured I might as well spend the money now. Also I was told not to spend under $100 on it.

I was also told to go with 800MHz RAM instead of the 1000 I chose, since the extra speed won't be utilized even if I OC (I plan to OC once I'm a little more confident with tampering).

For video card, I was looking at these two. Will these run most games coming out on higher graphics? From looking at my friends rigs, I'd say they should. Or should I wait and spend closer to $500?

NCIX.com - Buy BFG GeForce 9800GTX+ OC REV.B 760MHZ 512MB 2.25GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out Video Card - BFGE98512GTXPOCBE In Canada.

NCIX.com - Buy EVGA E-GEFORCE 9800GTX+ 740MHZ 512MB 2.2GHZ 256BIT DDR3 Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out Video Card - 512-P3-N879-AR In Canada.

If you can get a gtx 200 series you'd be happier, I just got a sweet deal on 260 for 249.99 after mir, from ncix. And I'd stick with the 750tx as it is more thn you need now, but has an enough umph to power tons.

Do you check the dealsz page frrom them?

Also, use shopbot.ca and price match everything!

Oh, if you do0 go with th 9800+ get the evga one as iuts this years and uses less power.

I'm trying to stay away from mir. :p

I'm kinda watching for deals. It'll be a few weeks before I order, so I'll check during that last week. Of course, as stated, I'll be upgrading as much as I can afford, so I'll definitely be watching closely for good deals once I get my rig set up.

I'm now thinking about this card. I'll probably have to wait for a little bit, but it should be well worth it.
NCIX.com - Buy Radeon HD 4870 750MHZ 1GB GDDR5 3.6GHZ PCI-E Dual DVI-I - AMD-ATI-RADEON-4870-1GB In Canada.

Youre best is to wait till the week, than double check before, like the day of, you order.

Mirs are fine....its not my deciding factor, its like taxes..,. a nice surprise after you spent your money.

What province are you? As outside of BC you save the pst.

BC of course. :'(
Although I'm going to Cali in a day. I should have NewEgg ship parts express to my relatives house. :p

I was kidding. It wouldn't really be cheaper due to the currency exchange. I've only got about $40 American. :p

^ You will have to pay the pst, and the american prices are cheaper (quite a bit) it would probably be a little bit cheaper.

Also our dollar is not TOO bad right now. (im Canadian also)

Perhaps you should order from directcanada.com . Usually i would never sugest this as they are a bad company for customer service and any kind of assistance, also bad for mir dates. But then i bealive you will not have to pay pst. Usually using ncix you price match this store because they have better prices so the prices will also probably be a bit cheaper then ncix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom