120mm Fan Upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, may I ask where in the case is the fan being placed? Also what power supply and video card do you intend on using? (I am asking the latter question because I want to see how sensitive you are to sound.)

Alright, may I ask where in the case is the fan being placed? Also what power supply and video card do you intend on using? (I am asking the latter question because I want to see how sensitive you are to sound.)

i thought he said rear exhaust for fan placement.

he will correct me if im wrong tho.

Alright, may I ask where in the case is the fan being placed?
No. Lol. Jokes.

You know the Silverstone Raven? Mobo backplate is located at the top of the case. So its actually top exhaust. Intake is at the bottom of the case with two 140mm fans im gonna leave at stock.

Hardware should be an i7 and a 285gtx.

Thats opinion. I like it.
PS: This topic is not for this discussion.

EDIT: In addition ill add that im also leaning towards a HAF.

Silverstone usually does a good job designing the thermodynamics of their cases and recently promoted positive air pressure in their designs. So I do not believe you will see a great temperature drop from going to their stock fan to any fan within tolerable limits. You could go with the Slipstream, but mounting the fan horizontally will degrade the lifespan of a sleeve bearing fan. I would suggest the Scythe S-Flex "E" as they are more tolerable to horizontal positions. The HAF on the other hand cannot be silenced using their stock fans. Even though they spin at 700rpm, they are so big that all the sound is noise turbulence. I do not remember the noise profile of the 285, but I will be getting two of those and a HAF this week to test. As of now, I suggest either leaving the fan alone or getting a S-Flex E (make sure it is an E because D is too weak and F/G are too loud).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom