edit post bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
it may just be my software or what not.

but when i go to edit a post, and click submit when im done, it does not reload the page for me.

but it does get the edit job done. i just have to manually click a link or the back button to get out of it.

just a heads up if its not my rig's fault lol.

if it is my rigs fault, "halp ma"

edit: btw, after hitting "save" ....ill just show you a screen shot (give me 2 mins)

.....edit again, seems to be working fine now...strange, after about 3 days of the "done but error" error on the bottom of my ie7 i finally decided to report it, and now its fixed? haha

Yes this is known. I brought this up a while ago and it seems to happen on and off and it seems to be browser specific.

It'll hopefully be fixed in vBulletin 3.8.1.

It started happening when the server was updated to 3.8.0.

3.8.1 is available. I wonder if Larry has gotten the notification on it...

Do you not have Superadmin rights Trotter? I notion that you get SA rights and FTP rights cause you are always on and can deal with problems quickly.

Trott's not got FTP rights, thats Larry and Dave, Trotter can just mod stuff through the AdminCP.

Worth a shot, sounds like a IE problem then..

Cheers :D

Neither Dave nor I have superadmin. Dave does have FTP, though. Larry is the one who has to do the updates.

The edit bug is in all browsers: IE, Opera, and Firefox. Hopefully the next update (3.8.1) will get it. I don't know if we aer the only one with it or if it is a widespread problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom