120mm Fan Upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
19dB is A LOT less than 24dB.

Just for the record...

Hmmm, odd because i have an 18dba artic cooling fan in one of my rigs and it sounds about the same as my 24dba's.

To me a lot less would be 10dba.

Would you now? Alrighty then, note to self, if this was Ricans build he would not worry. Great.
(PS: Did it ever occur to you i could just be curious as to what you all think and realize that even the major choices i have now about hardware probably wont apply in a few weeks time?)

Back to me, i agree with Aspire, the Yate loons that run at exactly the same CFM put out 33 dba....

Just giving some advice, if the case already comes with fans i wait and see how they perform before spending cash on more.

Any 120mm fan will generate more than 19dB(A) spinning at 1000rpm just due to air turbulence, let alone 2000rpm. The only useful specification that should be taken seriously is the rpm at which the fan spins at. The decibel and cfm reading should be ignored.

the airforce rejected me 9 years ago because my hearing wasnt up to par.

its paying off now

39.5 dBA from my silverstone fm121 doesnt bother me.

so when im looking @ fans, the sound level is one spec i can ignore (unless its just a crazy number)

Okay thanks nderscore.
Further research shows a test that says the Coolermaster ones i stated arnt very good at all.
The Scythe Ultra Kaze 120mm Fan 2000rpm seems like the best choice.

^^

Thats what i was trying to help you out with man.

In terms of fans i like xigmatek and artic cooling a lot. Havent tried anything from scythe yet but theyre highly rated as well.

Okay thanks nderscore.
Further research shows a test that says the Coolermaster ones i stated arnt very good at all.
The Scythe Ultra Kaze 120mm Fan 2000rpm seems like the best choice.

Here's the problem, you can't have both high cfm and low noise signature with fans. What is more important to you, having a cooler computer or quieter computer?

Scratch what one i said a second ago.
Scythe Slip Stream 120mm 1900rpm works out to be better.

And whats more important? Well both. I need an even mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom